Fusion Firearms

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Jbeck1911, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
    Just curious if anyone here has had any dealings with Fusion Firearms, they are a custom 1911, and 1911 only company and from what i see from their site make wonderful looking 1911's and for good prices too! Hell if my Ruger 1911 dont show up soon maybe ill get one of these. So far maybe there Standard Scout model with alil bit changed.....
  2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Admin

the quality is all over the place. you may even get something different than what you ordered.
  3. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Rattlecan Picasso Sponsor

:pop2:

I have used their frames,barrels & slides. Never had an issue other than a tight chamber on a barrel. Not sure on their in complete guns.
  4. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin Forum Supporter

This is a heated topic sometimes. So everyone please keep it civil.

[​IMG]

5. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

okay so so far not that great than? any other recommendations?
  6. Quack

Not saying that they are all bad, but there are things that i personally saw that changed my mind when i was going to order one a few years ago. It seems like the older ones were put together better than the current ones.

Also they use frames/slides from a few different sources, namely Remsport and STI, so if you are buying a kit, i don't see a problem
  7. Bender

Bender NRA Life Member Forum Supporter

The one representation of Fusion is always the "Hail Caesar" experience.
    That turned me off from Fusion as a builder. I may use their slide & frame for a home build.
  8. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

oh it was my understanding, i guess i read wrong they made their own frames in slide in binghamiton NY? and the owner of Fuzion is the old owner of Dan Wesson. but i have no exp with dan wesson either....btw reptiles who was being uncivil all polite talk i see here bud. good to know too BigDog if i get something from Fusion ill put a lothar walther poly barrel in anyways i love em! one day i want lothar walthers in ever weapon i owe! LOL :biggrin1:
  9. Quack

When it comes to Fusion, the topic gets heated responses, so he was just putting that up before hand.

No, Fusion doesn't make their own frames.

Yes, Bob Serva used to own Dan Wesson. There is a difference in quality from when he owned it to the present DW (owned by CZ-USA)
    The Serva era DW's were nowhere near the quality of the CZ-USA DW's.
  10. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

Faawrenchbndr What is a Hail "Caeser" experience? I've just started talking to a Bob Serva the owner i believe to see if they can build what im looking for. im not too picky LOL all i want is forged SS with no checkering or BS just smooth finish with a lothar walther poly barrel thats accurate and relaibiable...LOL ill custom finish and grip it myself after...im just no good at metal work to fit stuff LOL
  11. Quack

and to make things clear, here's a quote from Bob Serva in regards to the frames.

12. Quack

He's over on GlockTalk and 1911forum. Not a good experience at all.
  13. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

Thank you Quack for the insight and information! and WOW never ever knew about fusion surprised it's a heated topic...may i ask why also? ok now i guess i'll look somewhere else.. I'd go Guncrafter No name but there just to darn pricey....guess ill just wait but i do want another 1911 before Xmas ! LOL
  14. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Forum Supporter

From what I have seen, pissing matches sometimes break out between those happy with Fusion and those not so happy with the product and/or Bob himself.
  15. Quack

there are a lot of fanboy's out there, then there are people that see what they might get (from pics that they post). one may be happy with the results, other's would be extremely pissed.

for instance, someone ordered a "custom" built gun requesting NO Browning cut's or ball cuts, while it's not what he ordered, that's what he received. I for one would've sent it back to make the gun that I ordered.
    another ordered a kit for i think a 9mm, and received a .40S&W and got a bit of the run around.

then there's fit, such as this grip safety. i've seen plenty of them like this, which i personally wouldn't be satisfied with seeing it's a "custom" gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

compared to my "production" springfield.
    [​IMG]

the fanboy's will say that the Fusion fit was do to polishing, while other would say it's just sloppy.

so look at a wide variety of examples and see it it's something that you would be happy to spend your money on.
  16. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin Forum Supporter

Nobody was uncivil at all bro. Just like what Don said, I have seen these discussion about Fusion get WAY out of hand on other forums and I didn't want it to happen here. I personally have no experience with Fusion products, so I don't participate in the discussions.
  17. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

I see Quack. hell for a $1000 1911 built the way i want it that fit is fine for me hell. like i said looks i like plain but shiny LOL( must be the redneck in me) as long as it can keep up with my shooting im happy. plus the 1 grand mark is my usual limit on any weapon(when i first buy it atleat) then i can always upgrade later ! but thank you all for your insight!
  18. Quack

are there Fusion's for $1000? the ones i've seen have been +$1500. IIRC, the one i was going to have Bob build me was $1700

for $1000, the STI Trojan or Ranger II would be might personal choice.
  19. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

Ill look into those Quack. and ya what can i say im a business man, i always get the best deals LOL. like double coupon deals LOL
  20. Quack

yep, i look for the best deals as well, which many of my 1911 were deals, and I have 2 that would be a double coupon deal.

what type of 1911 are you looking for?