New Kelley "Swift" Holster

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by E39, Jan 14, 2012.

1. E39

E39 Forum Supporter Forum Supporter

Just received my new holster from Kelley Gun Leather. It's my first holster but I made the right choice. It's called the Swift and is an OWB, but uses snaps to attach to the belt. This feature fits my needs.

Steven took my order on January 1 and I received it in less than 2 weeks. Customer service was top notch. I have a SA Loaded in black stainless. Fit is perfect.

I have two training courses coming up which require a holster so I'm good to go!

Kelly Swift.jpg
  2. Samcro

Samcro US Army Retired 1911 Forum Supporter

Nice
  3. limbkiller

limbkiller Enjoying Life!

Congrats on the new holster. Looks great. Looks like you got the cant ya wanted.
  4. CIGARMAN454

CIGARMAN454 New Member

Nice holster. How tight does it fit to the body? I've been looking at this style and I didn't know if it would hang out (away from the body) a little or not. I know the pancake style holds tight.
  5. E39

It's pretty close. I asked Steven (Kelley) about the differences between the Swift and the regular OWB model. He assured me the Swift would be just as good (I don't have another holster to compare it to). The military-style snaps work very well. I put on a heavy long-sleeve T-shirt un-tucked and it was barely noticeable as long as I had my arm down to the side.
  6. KelleyGunleather

KelleyGunleather New Member

You won't notice much difference between the two styles, belt snap versus pancake w/slots. I carry a 1911 daily, sometimes in a Swift and sometimes in an Outlaw. If I didn't put it on myself, I wouldn't know which one I was wearing.
  7. Melter942

Melter942 Forum Supporter Forum Supporter

What training courses are you taking? I'm also looking for an OWB holster... signed up for the "10-8 Duty 1911 Class" in PA, mid-May.

That Swift looks about perfect for my needs. Thanks for sharing!
  8. E39

Defensive Handgun and Practical Concealed Carry. Both are 4-hour classes at my local range and use "Combat Focus Shooting" techniques. I looked at the 10-8 course in May also but they moved it to Allentown from Lancaster Co. (I'm originally from York). I just signed up for the Larry Vickers 2-day 1911 Operators Course in Ashtabula, OH in October.
  9. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

^ I've got "class envy." :smile:
  10. John

John Forum Supporter Forum Supporter

Nice looking holster. Looks like what I've been looking for.
  11. carljc72

carljc72 1911's & Gunleather Forum Supporter

One of the most important factors in how tight the holster is to the body...The Belt. A well made gun belt is essential. There is no comparison in how a holster rides once a good gun belt is used. Even if you have a thick belt, it is not the same.