STI Elektra Range trip - .45 and 9mm

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by TexasRedneck, Oct 21, 2011.

1. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck Member

Recently had the opportunity to visit the STI factory in Georgetown, Texas, and while there looked at their .45's. Several caught my eye, but their "Elektra" model in particular drew me in. I have carried a Wilson Sentinel for several years now in SS .45, and have several other compact .45's - but this one REALLY wanted a new home.
    After leaving, I called every STI dealer in Texas - none had 'em in stock. Finally got hold of the folks at "Shooters Connection" (http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/), and they had the black .45 in stock. About the time I'd hung up, the wife came walking in, took one look at the picture on the screen and said "where's mine?". I showed her the black, then the pink and asked her what color and caliber?<ya gotta keep 'em happy...>:nod: She jumped on the pink 9mm, so I grabbed the phone an' added it to the order.
    Got an email a short time later with the tracking number, and picked the guns up the next day at my FFL. That was 2 weeks ago......
    Went to a friends' place last weekend, and brought along the 2 new guns to give 'em a whirl. Ran 350 flawless rounds through the .45, and the wife did about 150 through the 9mm without issue. The trigger on both is about 3.5 lbs from the factory, and the slide action is as smooth as either my Wilson's or Ed Browns. Needless to say, I *will* be looking at some additional STI's in the near future - they are some of the nicest in terms of fitment and trigger of some MUCH more expensive guns - and flat-out smoke those in the same price range!

Elektra .45.jpg
    Elektra 9mm.jpg
  2. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Forum Supporter

I got to fondle one a while ago and have wanted one ever since. STI make some nice firearms for sure. :thumb: on the new guns.
  3. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

STI sure makes a sweet gun. :thumb:
  4. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck Member

They really do....an' LOTS of 'em. I've got my sites set on 4-5 others that they make.....so far!:bolt:
  5. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Forum Supporter

Electra-Shadow-Spartan
    I wouldn't mind having those 3
  6. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Congrats on the pair!
  7. bw210

bw210 Member

Nice pair. Love those slide serrations:thumb: I started at the bottom of the barrel with STI with their $600 Spartan 9mm. I couldn't be more pleased even with the Armscor frame/slide with STI fire controls. Very tight, very smooth, Baer tight barrel & bushing and a great 4.5~ pound trigger. Best of any production 9mm 1911 I have handled. I hope to see more STI's in my future.
  8. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Awesome guns!
  9. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Forum Supporter

Nice pair!

They really bury the rear sights in on those, don't they. Look at how short the front sight is to compensate.

Andy
  10. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck Member

Yeah - they inlet the top of the slide to drop 'em in deeper - gotta tell ya, they're sweet.....
  11. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Forum Supporter

I have been trying to get the owner of the shop where I work to get at least a Spartan for the 1911 shelf at the shop.So far,no good. :Cry:

Our lousy distributor allocates them just like the durning SR1911's.

We need ANOTHER distributor! :mad2:

I have not seen any on the shelves at any shop here in Cincinnati.Guess it's time for a road trip to VANCE's in Columbus.If they don't have one,I can't think of any other shop in Ohio that would.

DAT85
  12. lcajiga

lcajiga New Member

I really love my Elektra Black. It is a great quality pistol, shoot very well and love the looks

Attached Files: